Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Game Drawing Perspective

This project wasn't that hard, but it required thinking and paying attention to little details within the drawing you needed to create. It was a fairly successful piece for me because i thought i implemented the use of perspective to create 3D shapes on a regular sheet of 2D paper. What worked for me was the dice; they were easy to create and looked appealing to the eye in the end. However, the floor didn't work. It didn't come out the way I had expected so kind of downplayed the rest of the picture. If I did this project again, I would spend more time on the background(the floor) in the picture. I learned more about perspective and how to draw better 3D shapes through this project. Using vanishing points and shadows, I was able to make good looking dice. Colored pencils and watercolor was used to color the picture. First, we painted with waterpaints, then we came back over that paint with colored pencil to add highlights and establish value within the certain region.

No comments:

Post a Comment